Sunday, June 4, 2017

Take It Easy

I just finished my first Sunday morning at Trinity.  The congregation has mostly gone and I have changed out of my flashy red heels (Happy Pentecost!) and back into my flip flops.  Pandora is playing "Take It Easy" by the Eagles and I am taking a moment to soak it all up.

Being able to participate in corporate worship is something I didn't realize I missed but dang I really did.  The simple act of pulling out a hymnal and singing with others is so comforting.  Trinity has been so welcoming and warm.  I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am to those who have taken me under their wings this week and shown me the ropes.  I can't believe how dang blessed I am to be here.  I literally had to come sit in my office for a minute after service to sit and revel in it, even for just a minute.

I got a bit of trial by fire.  The person who was slated to teach Sunday School had to call out and so 30 minutes before Sunday school was to start, I began looking at a lesson plan I had never seen before.  It went significantly better than the previous 2 times this happened to me (at other churches).  The kids are in love with my stuffed animals (as they should be).  Because George Peter (Pete the Primate) and Ham the Lamb are amazing.  And I am head over heels in love with the kids and the congregation (and the staff too).

So in these few quiet moments before life gets super hectic, I pause to give thanks for all the events and people that led me here, I give thanks for the opportunity I've been given.

But for the rest of the day I'm gonna take it easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment